Report Card
I visited my friendly neighborhood endo today. I didn't get into privacy issues with him, in part because my 8 year old came along. I did express my concern that it took a week after Smiths and I both faxed the office for any action to be taken on my pump request (and then only after I left a message for the nurse). He seemed concerned about that, who knows what will come of it.
I decided that my best weapon against their minimed mindset was to rave about my Cozmo. Apparently, I am their only Cozmo patient. They have two folks starting on the Omni Pod and they're very curious to see how I do on the Cozmo. So I'm thinking I need to call my Cozmo rep and tell me he should start cutting me in on area sales.
So now for the verdict. My A1c is down 1.4 from my December peak, and down .4 from the home A1c I did the day after my pump start less than two weeks ago.
So: Mission accomplished. I'm giving myself a wink on the KGP A1C scale. And now we're shooting for the full-on grin by the end of June.
14 Comments:
That is an AWESOME improvement of A1C! Super!
I was the first patient on the cozmo for my endo as well. It was very frustrating because I had to jump through all kinds of extra hoops to get it done. I got it though!
Best of luck!
Ooooo.... Winking right with you, Kassie!
Cripes your legs are going to be tired from your turns around the Dining Hall...
Standing "O"
If I could make a person making a standing O of typewriter characters the way some people can, I would.
O}-<
ok, so that's more of a lying down O, and that's a whole different story. But close enough.
Thanks for the cheers!
here's to the full-on grin in June! (but the wink must feel nice, too :)
Way to go Kas! Great Job all around!
It does feel as if you're in the "principal's office" at times for these appointments...glad you got a good report card.
Pumping's been on my mind and happy to see it working first hand by all the people in D-land.
Congrats, Kassie. With the new pump, the dropping A1Cs, and the book coming out, this sounds like it's shaping up to be an awesome year for you. Looking forward to the grin in June.
Yay!! I'm happy to hear your A1C improved. May it only get even lower next time :)
Well done!
Congrats on that fabulous a1c drop!
tek
YOU ROCK! Congrats on that you have me thinking maybe I should switch :-)
Congrats from me too! :-)
~
O
( )
/\
There's my attempt at a standing O. WIth hair. A standing ovation guy with no arms and hair.
It's a reach, I know.
Well done on the A1c!!!
Congrats!!
LMAO at Kerri's O guy and I don't have the slightest clue what it's about...
Post a Comment
<< Home