1.09.2007

Huh. $93.89 won't cover it?

Note to self: when it comes to important things like just how much money is actually left in our flexible spending account, don't rely on that creature I lovingly refer to as "husband".

As the end of the year approached, we went into uber-spend mode because I was under the mistaken impression that I had oodles of FSA money to burn. Our first year using a medical flexible spending account, I had to surrender money (ouch) because we overestimated (or I under-receipted. Is that even a word? I think not, but you get the idea).

So mid-December, it was off to Lenscrafters for new glasses. For the first time in my 20 year history of wearing spectacles, I walked in and said 'yes' to every option they put in front of me. Fancy brand name frames, not from the bargain shelf? Of course! A real pair of prescription sunglasses, instead of cheesy snap on lenses? Sign me up! Anti-scratch, anti-glare, polarizing lenses? Ka-ching, and half of the leftover FSA money was spent.

Then it was off to secure a DexCom STS unit. Not available until January? Pshaw! Make it happen, oh DexCom rep - just be sure to make it happen in FY06. Except...

It turns out that after my "make me beautiful" trip to Lenscrafters... we had $93 dollars of FSA money left.

Oy. I feel so silly. Luckily, the DexCom folks were very understanding!

It is, of course, too late to up this years medical FSA account to accommodate for DexSpending. But I'll find a way to fund it, hopefully!

1 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Johnboy said...

Oops! I actually ran out as usual. Maybe 2007 will be different... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home