A Little Ha Ha
My sister-in-law has had diabetes for a while, and has been using an insulin pump for about two years. She's the mom of my adorable nephew Nolan and our one and only gorgeous neice Madeleine. On top of taking care of those creatures, and herself, she works a demanding full-time retail management job.
At her last endo visit, the doctor handed her "this great new book". Yup, you guessed it, she forked over a copy of "When You're a Parent with Diabetes"! This thrills me to no end, knowing that the free copies provided courtesy of the Dream Fund are finding their way from the Bayer reps, to health care providers, and ultimately to patients.
The funny part of the story (to me, at least) is that my sister-in-law's name is Catherine Gregorio and the endo didn't catch the similarity to the author's name (Kathryn Gregorio Palmer). I'll forgive her that cluelessness this time!
6 Comments:
That's awesome! You must feel so proud!
I was at Borders in Eugene (where I go to school) and I saw your book on the shelf. I got a little giddy myself. :-D
How awesome is that!?!? Funny thing on the name too!
Very cool indeed.
heh!
My sister's name is Sarah (with her ex-husband's last name for the kids) and my brother's wife is a Sara.
My sister has thought about changing back to the maiden name we share, but the fact that our sister-in-law has that last name stops her.
Thank goodness for Sara having a family nickname by which we call her!
awww that's great ... congrats!
Post a Comment
<< Home