2.28.2006

It gets better*!

*note sarcasm.

Message from the nurse at the endo's office:

"We got your message about a new pump and Mr So-and-so (the physician's assistant in the office) is not familiar with that company and isn't sure about how they work as far as training so he'd like you to schedule an appointment to discuss it. In the meantime, if you need a pump to get you through, he suggests that you contact So-and-so the Minimed Rep to meet with her to get a replacement."

So much for an unbiased medical staff.

I could not be more pissed off. Weeks of careful thought (yes, M, I was faking nonchalance), 18 months of screwed up supplies, meetings with pump reps from two different companies, and I have to go in to speak with the physician's assistant because they aren't familiar with one of the three big pump companies?? All they have to do is agree that I need a pump! And if ever a person needed a pump, it's me.

Tommorrow, 2:45: show down with Physicians Assistant So-and-so. Stay tuned.

7 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Good lord. What are they idiots or something?

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Lyrehca said...

You go, Kassie. Show them who's boss.

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes, if it wasn't that you need them right now, I'd fire them -- where are you? I know a good office in Irving, Texas.

I'd make it quite clear with the doctor that you are not pleased with his office staff and exactly why. Then if they don't get it straightened out now, I'd fire them.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger J said...

My God ! Have they not heard of CHOICES ! wow go getting Kass waiting to hear how it turns out .

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Erica said...

O.M.G. or should I say WTF?!!

How annoying - can't wait to hear how it works out.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Oh man, I would so be firing these jerks. What a run-around. Can't wait to hear how this turns out.

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog through a random search, and I am amazed. It seems as though Medtronic has let you down as well I see.

I have had similar issues: Supplies were mistakingly not sent due to "miscommunication in their departments" for 4 months (luckily I had back up). My pump also ate through batteries in a matter of days. I have random "delivery stopped" errors, promting me to change my infusion set (when of course, it's always an impossible time)... The most frustrating is that I have extreme bolus pain, and fairly bad scarring that makes rotating sites for absorption pretty hard, and.. they had no suggestions for me. Not the nurse trainer, not the endo, not bd. I am on the angled infusion for the leaner people, and they told me that they think it's hitting muscle. So what do they do? Send me the 90 degree angle infusion set for people with "fattier deposits" , to see if "it fixes [my] little problem". Because extreme bolus pain is a little problem, you know.

Funny thing is, my Medtronic trainer also runs from my endo's office. She is a nurse there, but trains "from her home". Strange, no?

-Rachael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home