Go Pete!
Ladies and Gentlemen of the O.C., it is my distinct pleasure to introduce Peter Hoogenboom. Peter has had type 1 diabetes since the age of 14 and has, for the past 22 years, been using cycling as "a powerful tool against the complications of diabetes."
Saturday, March 18th, Peter will head out from his home town in Utah for a 9700 mile bike tour lasting until October. He will ride through some part of every state in the continental U.S. He's calling this little jaunt "The Dream Tour".
Why? Simply put, "to show that having diabetes does not mean giving up your dreams."
Peter is the 2005 Ascensia Dream Fund winner and I couldn't be more excited and proud to share the exciting news of his big adventure.
Please visit Pete's website and wish him well on his journey! As time and internet connectivity allow, he'll be blogging about his effort along the way.
1 Comments:
Awesome. Thanks for posting the link. I'll need to know how he's going to prevent his ass from feeling like it's sitting on shards of glass.
I did a 100 mile ride (got through 34 miles) and my butt felt like I was sitting on hot pokers.
Post a Comment
<< Home