3.08.2006

I Must Confess

I don't mind waiting for my pump start. Yes, I could probably put it on and start it myself, but I'm actually looking forward to having someone show me the ropes, and keep me focused on figuring it out for a whole hour and a half.

Some of the best advice I got while pump shopping was from my friend Jane, a PhD/RN/CDE/Mom of two/Person with Diabetes. She cautioned me against underutilizing the technology of the newer 'smart' pumps. They have great features, and should be used! I've never square-waved with my 508, and I don't want to miss out on any of the advances that come with a pump upgrade.

Plus, I really am afraid of breaking the darn thing, and voiding the warranty.

Plus, the trainer's office is near a mall, and I'll be away from my desk all day anyway, so I can totally stop in, right?

Cross your fingers for me that both boys are healthy tomorrow, as I'm rescheduled for 11 AM.

3 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand totally where you are coming from. Being trained on my Animas when I switched from Medtronic taught me a lot about the funky new features as well as refocusing me and renewing my motivation for diabetes care.

That said though I think my natural impatience would have gotten the better of me if I'd actually had the pump in hand before the training session. You are a better, more patient, woman than I.

Good luck for tomorrow!

Btw congrats on your Amazon listing... sorry I didn't comment on that before.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Good luck tomorrow! We're all rooting for ya!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger J said...

Fingers Crossed and toes too :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home