3.11.2006

Wow

Let me tell you about the numbers I've been seeing since starting my new Cozmo pump.

Well, actually, I don't focus so much on the numbers themselves. Based on my reading of various blogs and discussion boards, the numbers I'm seeing would probably ilicit sympathy from many other people with diabetes but, in fact, I'm thrilled with them.

I have been within my personal comfort zone since starting the Cozmo. No crazy spikes, no "what the hell did I do wrong that time" moments, no need to slam myself with ridiculous amounts of insulin to bring my blood sugar down from the stratosphere. My number this morning was high for a fasting but I had pizza last night! A long buzzing low at about 11 last night (I need to work on that pizza extended bolus) resulted in some big-time overtreating, so all in all I'm ok with this morning's number.

I'm sure the thrill of the new gadget is coming into play here, and I hope I can milk that for all it's worth. But I am just so happy with the features of this new pump that I must stand up and say,

Meredith: I was wrong! I should have started pump shopping the moment my warranty ran out!! What was I thinking waiting for my 508 to fail? Me and my altruistic tendencies - I need to set them aside where my diabetes is concerned.

If things stay on track, I'll definitely be smiling over my A1c at my endo appointment at the end of this month.

2 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Lyrehca said...

Kassie,

I want more details--my 508 is more than a year out of warranty, and I love it enough to keep using it and not upgrade til I have to. Tell me why you've otherwise seen the light.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

While you tell Lyrehca about the light, tell me how you got a good number after pizza :)

I'm really happy that you're so happy with the Cozmo (have I told you that already?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home