Red Sox Nation

We spent Sunday at Camden Yard, watching the Sox defeat the Orioles, 4-1.
We had amazing seats: 5 rows up from the field, just to the right of the Orioles dugout. We splurged on souveneirs, hot dogs, sodas and cotton candy (can you say, "Mega Bolus"?). It was a cool, clear, perfect day for baseball.
Climbing the steps to the concourse during the second inning, I almost caught a foul ball. Actually, that's pretty much a bold-faced lie. Climbing the steps with my back to the field, I noticed EVERYONE around me jump up in anticipation of the foul ball (a high pop fly, thank God) coming our way. I froze in my place and covered my head. This may explain why I didn't go too far in Little League, and failed as a field hockey goalie.
But at least I wasn't the guy in the upper deck who caught a foul, then proudly held up his Yankees cap and jacket, sparking a stadium-wide chant of 'Yankees Suck.' Which, by the way, sounds really awful and really funny coming out of the mouth of an almost four year old.
Anyway, it was a great day, and a great way to spend Jake's birthday. And, because a Southwest flight from New England to Baltimore PLUS a hotel PLUS tickets (and good ones, at that) is STILL cheaper and easier to pull off than a trip to Fenway, we were surrounded by Sox fans. I'd guess a solid third of the crowd was wearing a B on their cap.It's a Red Sox Nation, Baby!
6 Comments:
Very cool!
I got a giggle out of the visual of you on the stairs covering you head and cowering in hopes of avoiding the ball! Ha! That's great! :-)
giggle?
The folks in the seats near me and the cop and ushers at the top of the steps actually laughed out loud!
How cool is that!! John and I were loving the Sox fans in the crowd! Seemed like it was all Sox fans.
Jake must've LOVED seeing his name up there!
So. Jealous.
Seriously, can't think of a better way for a boy from New England to celebrate his birthday :-)
Go Sox!!
I was so jealous when I saw that you got his name up on the scoreboard. My husband forgot to do it at the hockey game last night for me!
yay for April 9 (?) birthdays! Even if it is April 8, then that's all good too as that's my brother's birthday.
So.
Freakin'.
Jealous!
What a fantastic birthday present! And way, way, WAY easier than trying to get in to Fenway. Probably cheaper, too. Happy birthday to Jake.
Boy, did we kick some Oriole ass or what? So cool. :D
Post a Comment
<< Home