6.26.2006

Look at ME! I'm a PWD!

I just sent in my application for the new JDRF VA License plate, part of their "Drive out Diabetes" campaign. I heard about this ages ago, and figured I'd participate, but it took me a surprisingly long time (and several pesky emails from a JDRF volunteer*) to actually fill out the form.

When it came time to put pen to paper (and go dig up the registration for the VIN number), I found myself hesitating. Did I really want to drive around announcing to the world that I have diabetes? The plate doesn't actually say "Driver with Diabetes" but it is a bit of personal information that seems out of place on a vehicle.

But $15/plate goes to diabetes research. When I think of that, I'm on board. So, not only did I order the plate, I personalized it, requesting "T1 Mom" or various combinations thereof. I think I'll drive my car around with my snazzy "Sugar Momma" t-shirt and say "Look out world! I have a touch of the sugah!"

Get your own plate!

*I love peskiness in a diabetes fundraiser!

4 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger George said...

That is so cool! I wish I could get one for California but I do not think they are on board.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger If not a mother... said...

awesome! can't wait to see pics when you put it on the vehicle!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger HVS said...

Kassie,
I've been thinking about getting one too(haven't quite made up my mind though)
it is for a GOOD cause..
I've an ADA magnet on the back of my car anyway,its already a (driving) advertisement to fight diabetes!
Good for you.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Kerri. said...

I think the license plate is very cool. You should be proud to drive around with that fantastic artwork!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home