Peter visited my camp!
Peter Hoogenboom stopped by my old camp on Monday. I get so proud when I see camp in pictures and hear stories about goings on there. I haven't worked there for over 10 years, haven't been on the Board of Trustees for at least two, haven't even really been in contact with any of the current staff (though I am working on an alumni weekend in October), but it is and always will be my camp.
Whenever I hear of someone going there, I want to regale them with tales of life in "Squirrel's Nest", or what it was like to live/work in the old cabins. I want to rattle off a few ghost stories from the Birthplace Museum or suggest that they locate my bricks in the walkway. I want to burst into camp song (give me a topic! any topic! I've got a song for it!)
I want to dare them to stand smack dab in the middle of the lower rec, look at the pond, and not feel a sense of belonging and contentment wash over them.
What can I say, I'm a little crazy that way.
I hope you had a good time Pete & Pat!
4 Comments:
Is it wrong that I'm a little sad I wasn't dx'd earlier so that I could've attended Clara Barton??
Everyone seemed to have absolutely LOVED it.
Thankfully, I've got all my OC'rs now, but it would've been nice to be able to hang with more people when I was first dx'd.
I miss camp.
That is all.
I feel a twinge of tears upon seeing the camp pics and missing as I read this post on camp songs.. and standing in the middle looking out at the pond god the memories are so good I miss it and wow to see the new images of the camp I only have memories of old cabins and just a new Div C when Lions club build it I was not there for other reforms , and Oh the ghost stories ,,, gotta love them and wonder are they true? Kassie how about the one when Shelly left the kids in the House to nap and brought the baby monitor to the Dinning hall and they would not sleep and she heard a womans voice say "Hush little ones I am here now" and she runs over only to find the kids sound asleep and no one there Hmmm makes ya wonder huh.. oh thanks for the Memory Flood.
The lower rec is and will always be a magical place.
Post a Comment
<< Home