7.26.2006

The Customer is Always Right

Customer Service Wall of FAME:
Southwest Airlines!!! The boys were scheduled to fly out of BWI tomorrow for a weekend in NH. Jake's championship baseball game has been scheduled for tomorrow night.

One QUICK phone call to Southwest and they're re-booked. PLUS the agent told me about $18 I could save (the website doesn't offer child discounts) as long as I was OK with not checking in on-line (no need, families with kids 4 and under preboard anyway.) So I changed my flights and payed LESS!

Customer Service Wall of Shame entry #1:

Adelphia Cable. Overcharges us $174 every month, requiring that I spend 45 minutes on the phone with them. I guess they just like to talk to me. I'm currently investigating DSL/Dish TV.

Customer Service Wall of Shame entry #2:

Medtronic. Shipped my supplies to my old address, 500 miles away, three times in a row. Billed me at that old address as well. Now they have me on 'credit lock' for not paying bills I never received. Bills that were not sent in a timely fashion, and could not be submitted for FSA reimbursement in a year that I forfeited money. I called to request an adjustment a month ago and no one has called back. Did I mention customer service was a factor in my most recent pump purchase?

4 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Nicole P said...

What's really strange about Medtronic is that they used to have brag-worthy customer service, and Cozmo was infamous for their poor customer service - now, that seems to have reversed... Weird.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Keith said...

I too am sorry you're having trouble with Medtronic as I've had great service from them.

Don't get me started on cable companies. I think they're all greedy scumbags!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Kerri. said...

I've had good service so far with Medtronic... it's the medical supply company that I've chosen for my mail order stuff that is making me want to climb the walls. (Apparently they thought it was okay to leave 11 bottles of insulin to my front porch. In the sun. All day long. In August.)

BTW, I have rec'd your book. I freaking love your book. Review (glowing, but of course) and thank you card en route!

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time to visit my blog about Free Guitar Lesson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home