7.20.2006

Explicame, por favor

Invade Iraq. Kill their soldiers and ours. Kill their civilians. All in the name of protecting us from a potential threat. This was, according to our 'leaders', the right thing to do.

Acquire and use the stem cells of embryos that will never be born. All in the name of saving lives and defending ourselves against actual illnesses. This is "crossing a line".

I just don't get it, (not my) President Bush.

11 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

So little says so much. Well said.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger art-sweet said...

Yes, yes, yes. When are we going to start taking the lives of the living more seriously than the lives of the potentially living?

Having produced a few of those frozen embryos myself, and knowing how few of them make it to fetus status, let alone baby status, this whole thing just sickens me.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Nicole P said...

Indeed, Kassie. I'm fuming still. I don't think I'll stop.

Worst. President. Ever.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Fred (Nic) said...

What adds to my anger is that President Bush has not vetoed a single bill in his time in office (unheard of before him) yet he decides to veto one of the only bills during his presidency that will SAVE lives. Count down the days until he's outta here!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Sandra Miller said...

I don't get it, either.

The man is a menace.

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you all! I posted about it, too, today.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Michko said...

Amen.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Kerri. said...

I echo Sandra's wise sentiments completely: The man is a menace.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Jane said...

It's shortsighted, hypocrtical and illogical.
Oh and look what Schwarzenegger is doing in California.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Lyrehca said...

Wow, Schwarznegger is my new hero. And as I posted elsewhere, keep focused on 1/20/09. The menace's end is near.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so creeped out by that crowd of adopted embryos - at the risk of offending people, I have to say, wouldn't those kids grow up and say WHY DID FUNDAMENTALISTS ADOPT ME - SET ME FREE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home