A New Person
Sort of. My goodness, I was tired! But I managed a decent night's sleep last night, despite the fact that I had trouble drifting off due to the news of a prowler in the neighborhood!
Apparently, someone was swiping stuff from (unlocked) cars. The woman who lives in the townhouse four down from me was home alone with her two young kids and happened to go downstairs to grab her purse at about midnight. She spotted the guy crawling up her driveway. He tapped on the window by her door and pointed a flashlight into the hallway. She (Marine, MP, wife of cop) was pressed against the door the whole time.
She nailed him with a paint gun. She's insane. But I like that about her.
So, every tap on the roof gave me a little start. But soon enough, I drifted off.
And today, I don't hate the world. Amazing what 7 hours of snooze time will do for you.
But I still don't have much to say, so here it is, as promised, the latest installment of Book Spotting:
6 Comments:
Viva Las Kassie! Sounds like you are making a '68 comeback!
I love it that she nailed the prowler with a paintgun. He probably has one whale of a bruise... serves him right!
Loooove it!!!!
Oh, and I want to get a copy of your book for this wonderful young mother with diabetes. How would one go about doing so???
And hey, you've been immortalized in song, you are one special lady. (oh and that must have been one heck of an interview)
Eww that's so creepy having a prowler crawl up the driveway like that. I've got the heebie jeebies.
I love your book spottings....they get me laughing out loud.
Nicole - visit http://www.parentswithdiabetes.com for info on how to get a free copy courtesy of the dream fund. Or you can order one when it comes out in September. But don't be shy about getting a free one, that was the whole point of winning the Dream Fund (to publish and distribute it for free)
That hair ... those hips ... that book!
Excellent celebrity sighting. And he looks much better than I expected. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home