FB 25 (sort of)
Here's my facebook 25, or actually 24 and a lie. Feel free to guess which is the lie!
1. This is about the 8th time I've tried to tackle this meme.
2. It contains one lie (because one of my favorite group icebreakers is the game "two truths and a lie").
3. In High School, I did a pretty decent Ed Grimley impression, I must say.
4. Growing up, we had a poster in our kitchen that read, "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we're not out to get you".
5. I managed to avoid visiting the E.R. until I was 37 years old, when I went in with appendicitis, which I knew I had, thanks to quality television like Doogie Howser, M.D., and One Day at a Time.
6. I started using an insulin pump about 13 years ago. That's nothing compared to early adapters like Jackie and Sue Bates. I'm grateful to those who endured bent needles early on!
7. I have four email accounts. Yes, i may have a problem.
8. I'm working on making the leap from "person who takes great photographs" to "Photographer"
9. I firmly believe that words matter.
10. I often use way more words than I need.
11. My favorite piece of my own writing is the piece I wrote for Six Sentences last April.
12. Seriously, I get a huge kick out of the ETrade baby.
13. Kyle Busch once swiped my sharpie marker.
14. I'm the one who told Donna Woods "It's the most wonderful place in the world." during her interview, at Bertucci's in Natick.
15. I remembered that moment when I walked into Bertucci's in Natick on Tuesday night.
16. I used Khalil Gibran's "On Friendship" as a reading at my wedding ("Your friend is your needs answered..."), so I and my iight were represented during the ceremony.
17. I'm not much of a Fan-with-a-capital-F. Exceptions to that rule are Stephen Colbert and Lyle Lovett.
18. I have a freckle that is sort of shaped like Texas on the back of my left hand.
19. I believe in turn signals.
20. I don't believe in legislation that defines marriage as between a man and a woman.
21. I can ice skate, if I concentrate, but if I pause to smile I end up on my ass.
22. If you chew in my ear, I might have to kill you.
23. I'm not from here. (And never was that more obvious than during the recent election!)
24. Best 2nd baseman ever: Manny Trillo.
25. I can't wait to visit Ireland. It's the O'Donnell, O'Connell and Crowley in me.
4 Comments:
I think I just may die from number 3 I must say. But then again if you think about it, you never know what could trigger something like that I must say.
(I dressed up as Ed for halloween one year. Only cool people figured it out!)
Isn't Bertucci's in Framingham?
No difference in my mind - that whole mall area is Natick to me.
You are being modest about your Ed Grimley... it was killer Ed Grimley! I must say.
I'm really sorry about the poster in the kitchen...I'd forgotten about that. It was a revolutionary time and we thought that was oddly funny and true at the same time :) Didn't think at all about the impact it might have on developing minds. Although yours turned out to be okay, I must say.
One of my favorite pieces of your writing is the piece you wrote for 6S.... other favorites are whatever you write!
Post a Comment
<< Home