Barton Girl Spotted!
Waiting for my flight home yesterday, taking advantage of the free WiFi in the terminal, I stumbled across this AP article about the new insulin pen from Lilly:
http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/apmethods/apstory?urlfeed=D8NF3AM80.xml
Cool news, yes, but I got a huge kick out of the fact that a Barton Girl is quoted.
Seriously, we are everywhere!
6 Comments:
Eventually, we will take over the world!
... Or, at the very least, THE INTERNET!
Love seeing the Barton Girls pop up everywhere.
I don't understand this article. It implies that the gal has to test her bg because she hasn't kept track of her insulin dosages for the day? huh? How does a pen with memory eliminate the need to test bg? The meters with large memories or those that can be downloaded are quickly eliminating pen and paper recordkeeping. I don't see the value of the pen with memory ... wish lilly would spend its money on research for a cure ... impossible when 1/5 of income is derived from diabetes products!
I think it's saying that if she doesn't know if she took her dose or not she has to test extra to track the results of her insulin...or lack there of.
Before I had my pump I would have loved a pen with a memory.
carol, I agree, it's a classic 'not quite right' diabetes article.
I think Megan captured the full story, which probably got lost in translation by the reporter.
More and more I'm saddened that I never made it to 'camp' :(
Oh Katy Folven how I love you! Us Barton girls are everywhere.
Post a Comment
<< Home