12.06.2006

TV: Part one

Bayer has been arranging a very nice amount of PR in support of my book. First, we had the 48 radio interviews over the course of two months. Right now, as I type this entry, there is a crew in my kitchen shooting what's called 'b-roll footage'.

This footage will be used in conjuction with a satellite media tour next week (coming to a local tv station near you!) where I discuss my book, the Dream Fund, and diabetes management during the holidays.

TV cameras, lights a 'sound guy', and a director, here in my kitchen. The cats are completely freaked out! When the kids get home from school/day care, they'll join in the fun.

The highlight of the day for me (so far) has been when the director asked for more 'clutter' in the background of the shot. You *know* I spent all day yesterday putting all the damn clutter away!

I keep trying to think of things to type while the camera is rolling. So far the Lord's Prayer, "All good men should come to the aid of their country," and the song "If I had a hammer".

More to follow as the day progresses...

[update] I'm exhausted!! Here's a photo that sort of illustrates the set up. We also did some outside stuff (walking with Ryan while he rode his scooter, picking Jake up from school, and hanging our christmas wreath) plus some footage of the whole family making fruit salad (yummy yummy). I checked my blood sugar something like 5 or 6 times in a row for close ups of the meter (you PWDs will appreciate this: the last two times I didn't have to re-lance my finger). Ryan got to say, "Action!" and "Cut" a few times. All in all, a fun and productive day!

Next week: the big NYC Satellite Media Tour!


16 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, that’s funny, the thinking of things to type while the camera is rolling. I’d go with a song…

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! Glad you're enjoying your moments in the sun, Kassie - and congratulations on getting really positive type 1 diabetes messages out there! :)

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How exciting! And congratulations on a great book, too. :)

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

put a plug in for me with the network biggies

Kassie...............my ex-princess....;-)



kevin

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Lyrehca said...

Nice. Are you appearing on dLife or another show? Tell us the details!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Kassie said...

not dLife :( (hint hint dLife people!)

I'll be on some local tv shows. When I have the list, I'll let you guys know. Nothing in New England yet :(

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Michko said...

I would probably type my name over and over again...Hello, my name is M. Hello, my name is M.

I think I could have tested my sugar about 10 times with the gusher I had this morning!

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was your blood sugar 117? ;)

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Kassie said...

lol: my first one was 133. An hour later I did 5 tests and they were all 81-89 :) :)

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger floreksa said...

No New England?!?!?! That is NOT acceptable. :) I want to see it too.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Kerri. said...

Kassie, can you record the video and post it on YouTube so we, the pathetic New Englanders without access, can enjoy your moment?

What a cool experience, though. dLife should definitely get on board with this. Ahem. To me, I guess. ;)

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Kassie said...

I'll try Kerri! I do love the YouTube ;)

and if dLife tackles pregnancy/raising kids with diabetes, I'll start harassing you for sure!

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on all the hype, Kassie! And I can donate some clutter if you'd like :)

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Wow! How amazing!

My BG tests would have involved re-lancing my finger 3 or 4 times before I got a sample, then a 343 mg/dl, and Scott screaming at the crew "It's ALL YOUR FAULT!! Ah, the stress of it all..."

Were you nervous about them filming your BG reading? And a wave of relief when it was fine?

:-)

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if you need more clutter in the background, use my house as a set. I've got plenty of background clutter.

This is all so amazing and exciting!!!

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is pretty cool! Congratulations :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home