11.30.2006

Blogging

It's late and I have way too much caffeine in my system. This post may be deleted in the bright, unforgiving light of day.

This is my 164th post in little more than a year. 18000 plus visitors have stopped by to catch up on all things Kassie and Diabetes. I've been amazed and befuddled at which posts have - or have not - generated comments. I've checked out my own stats and rolled my eyes at the fact that a fair number of visitors found me by searching for "Mo Cushla". In fact, sometimes there's a weird sort of run on "Mo Cushla" - consecutive mentions of google searches from far flung places around the world. And yes, I realize this post will only attract more of them. Welcome, seekers of gaelic translations!

For the past few months, I've been less focused on posting here. Life has been busy, but I've sort of reached the point where the stories I want to tell in this public forum - using my real name - and giving it up for free - are not flowing as freely. Though I haven't taken on the dblogger's favorite subject (nasty low blood sugar), I feel like I've covered a lot.

At the same time, I've been considering my blogroll (and have noted that others are pondering this as well). A while ago, I trimmed the list to (primarily) Barton girls, because we rock! Tonight, I've opted for a link to the Diabetes OC and Diabetes Daily (I love their headline service. If they had every OC blog on that, I'd be all set!). And of course, I'm keeping my dad's website. Have you checked out his gallery, by the way??? His photography is amazing. He'll ship framed or unframed prints anywhere in the US, by the way. Just a thought for those of you who haven't done your holiday shopping.

But I digress...

The point is, I think I'll be scaling back for a while. You'll miss my insightful wit and extensive diabetes wisdom, but I'll keep up with the reading and the commenting. I'll also keep up with the shameless plugs as needed.

Enjoy the holidays, folks, and have a profitable G.O.R.O.S.H.*!



*Gift Oriented Religious Or Secular Holiday.

7 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger Lyrehca said...

I totally hear where you're coming from and understand. I'll indeed miss your posts, but look forward to using your book as an actual resource in a few months.

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kassie, I'll miss your voice as well. I absolutely love the GOROSH phrase. I have a feeling it will find a home in my December vocabulary.

And thanks for the awesome compliment about the headline feature. I must quibble with one small point, though. I think we do have every single diabetes-related blog on there! If you come across any that are missing, please let me know. You can email team [at[ diabetesdaily.com.

Have a wonderful GOROSH!

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will miss your posts too but i understand.

I also love GOROSH.

So, there is nothing original about this comment but I am going to publish it anyway!

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah well, I'll read when you start writing again1 Happy holidays!

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kassie I enjoyed reading your blog - although i was only lurking and commenting. This week I got my act together and opened my blog. I understand but will be happy when you come back.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the GOROSH, too.

sometimes there's just nothing to say, nothing to show. sometimes just nodding and agreeing with commenting is all there is.

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kassie,

Even though I understand why, I still want to say that you can't scale back. Reading your blog has been such a great diversion that if I don't have it, I may have to go actually complete some other task like work. You can't leave me in a spot like that!!! You also have started a few great conversations. Don't think that you are out of material--- I'm sure you have dozens more stories to tell.

Dalia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home